The Affordable Five-Star River Cruise Experience
At Riviera Travel, you can soak up our unique river cruising experience for a price less than you ever imagined.
From the very moment you step aboard our spectacular fleet of ships, the world you want to enjoy and explore becomes closer. Watch the stunning scenery float by from the comfort of your luxuriously large cabin or suite. Or simply step out onto your private balcony and soak it up with the breeze on your face.
Fascinating daily excursions led by expert guides and tour managers are included in the price, but even the very smallest of details will be carefully catered for, to make your river cruise unforgettable. And of course, our friendly, highly professional crew will welcome you and always be ready to tend to your every need. That’s why once you’ve experienced a river cruise the Riviera way, we promise you’ll never look back.
Experience for yourself…….
Rhine & Moselle River Cruise
8 days from only £1589 per person
Departing from Manchester on 24th July 2019.
Other dates are available.
Explore the historic cities of the mighty Rhine and the quintessential half-timbered wine villages of the serene Moselle, its banks lined with ancient ruined castles and impossibly steep terraced vineyards. Following embarkation in Cologne, we meander south on the Rhine to Rudesheim, visiting the old town of Koblenz and then to Boppard, known as ‘the Pearl of the Rhine’ en route. Cruising through the Rhine Gorge, we experience spectacular scenery, emerald vineyards and a landscape studded with houses and picturesque villages.
Our journey then takes us upstream and then along the Moselle river calling in the delightful town of Cochem and the romantic twin village of Traben-Trarbach. At our furthest port of call, Bernkastel, we also visit Trier, the oldest city in Germany, famous for its Roman amphitheatre, baths and the imposing Porta Nigra, the huge fortified gate that formed the eastern border of the Roman Empire.
Cruising back downstream, we have time to relax and absorb the stunning scenery along the Moselle valley, rejoining the Rhine and heading north, to Cologne. Here we take a guided city tour seeing the stunning cathedral with the most intricate stained glass in Europe.
All in all a spectacular and relaxing cruise in some of the finest landscape that Germany has to offer, appreciated from a most privileged vantage point.
Experience more with so much included:
- Visit to Boppard, the picturesque ‘Pearl of the Rhine’
- Time to explore the hillside town of Rüdesheim – the most famous of the Rhine’s wine towns
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Stop in Cochem – the historic centre of the Moselle wine trade
- Take a romantic stroll in the town of Bernkastel
- Tour of Trier – once a key capital of the Roman Empire
- Guided tour of Cologne – and see the stunning Gothic Cathedral
- Services of a cruise director and tour manager
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- Return rail connections on selected dates from more than 30 regional stations